POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Height Field in Mega 0.6a odd? : Height Field in Mega 0.6a odd? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Height Field in Mega 0.6a odd?
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 8 Dec 2000 14:48:45
Message: <3a313b1d@news.povray.org>
I tried rendering a scene using a few lights and a height field.  Under
povray 3.5g the image appears normally, but under megapov 0.6a the HF
appears very "flattish."  I used the "double_illuminate" addition after
reading that post.  The "holes" went away but the HF is still very odd and
doesn't look anything like the povray version.  The code is the same other
than the version info:

//#version 3.0
#version unofficial MegaPov 0.6;
global_settings {
   assumed_gamma 2.2
   max_trace_level 25
}

and the double_illuminate in the HF section.   In Megapov if I simply change
the
version above (and nothing else) to version 3.0 (and not megapov) then the
HF
looks fine.   I also noticed some normals that gave a rippling effect to
some spheres also seemed radically smaller.